2013年1月29日火曜日

The end of Bioethics

What did I learn about bioethics?

What I have learnt about bioethics was the importance to concern future impact before we make decision. Before I have learnt about bioethics, I thought genetic engineering and organ transplantation from brain-dead patients are very beneficial for society even though there are some objections caused by ethics. However, as I learnt about it, I realized that I concerned only today’s impact and missed out future impact that those bioethical issues have, such as the risk of enhancing illegal organ trade and child abuse. Though it is treated in RCA class, I also had never thought of the risk of legalizing euthanasia that has possibility that elderly may face pressure from family or society. I think the perspective that considers future impact is often missed by many people; however, it is essential to make better decision over bioethical issue.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿